The Wait
Sitting in darkness
With a smile on my face.
Anticipating for that light,
That light to shine its blinding light.
Not long after,
The rays of light appeared pass the horizon.
Shattering the ground with brightness.
Filling the world with light.
My chance had come.
After waiting for so long.
I had no need to wait eagerly anymore.
I stood up and started running.
That long dwindling path,
Leading to the golden gates.
That path of success,
That path of victory,
That path which held alot of difficulties.
At the Garden of Eden,
The tree came to view.
A snake slid out,
Tempting me with the apple.
The apple of evil,
The apple of hell.
But I ignored and kept on running,
Leaving my footsteps in the dark rich soil.
Time passed.
The trees on both sides sped past.
The difficulties attempting to clutch onto the soles of my feet.
But I just paused,
Shoke them off,
And continued.
The end was in sight.
The blinding light became stronger.
Success was so close!
My fingers could even feel it...
I started slowing down,
I guessed I could take my time now.
But I was wrong.
The floor below opened.
I feel right down, back into darkness.
And then I waited.
Waiting for my chance again.
Waiting eagerly with a smile on my face...
Raphael
Haha! Long poem huh? I was considering using this as the poem to perform for the"A Night Of Poetry" happening during Language Arts lesson. Hmm.... not sure if long poems are good though. But I do know plenty of them! One obvious one is Roald Dahl's "The Television"or something like that. :) See ya! :)
Cheers!
Raphael :D
No comments:
Post a Comment